Wednesday, December 31, 2008

In Retrospect

It's that time of year again, and before I launch into a whole set of new resolutions, I like to take a quick look back to see how I did with the old ones. Scrolling down to this time last year, I see I resolved to:

*Watch more sunsets. Check. I'm happy to say that rarely has the sun set over the mountains this year that my Golden Retriever, Glitter, and I could not be found in the swing, watching it. My friends learned not to call me during sunset. Glitter trained herself to sit by the swing and wait for me. Now that's what I call a well-kept resolution.
*Learn to belly dance. Check. Fortunately, I did not resolve to learn to do it well. But I intended sixteen lessons, which my teacher seems to think qualifies me as an "intermediate" student, and learned the choreography for an entire two-minute routine-- not as easy as it sounds. And in the process I learned things about myself I never even guessed I didn't know.
*Eat more comfort foods. Check and duh! Didn't include a plan for those ten (or fifteen?) extra pounds that came with that one. Guess what next year's resolution will be?

May the coming year bring peace and prosperity to each and every one of us. See you on the other side!

0 comments:

  © 2008 'Ladybird' by ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP