Monday, September 14, 2009

Power Blogging

I finally got to see Julie and Julia this weekend. I'm still craving fresh baguettes and brie. My friend went home and made bouef bourginon for her husband, who liked it just fine except for the wine sauce :(

I have been looking particularly forward to this movie because it was the Julie/Julia Project that actually inspired this blog many years ago. Yes! The difference being, of course, that Julie had a blog she wanted to make into a book and I had a book I wanted to make into a blog. Well, and the fact that Julie earned millions from her blog/book.

And got a movie deal.

Nora Ephron, where are you?

BTW, loved the movie.

3 comments:

RenĂ© September 16, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

So when are you getting your movie deal? :) The whole time I was reading A Year on Ladybug Farm I kept thinking how fun it would be to make it in to a movie.

Donna September 17, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

Rene, I have had so many readers say the same thing! Who would you cast in the leading roles?

RenĂ© September 24, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

That's tough. I was actually thinking about that today while I was baking ginger snaps. I have a hard time deciding because I'd want to cast age appropriate women since the story is really about women starting a second life after their first one has ended so of course I think of people like Susan Sarandon.

Then the marketing side of my brain says it'd be better to appeal to a wider audience with someone like Ashley Judd. Maybe I'll make up my mind after I get to read the second book.

  © 2008 'Ladybird' by ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP