Saturday, December 25, 2010

Perfect Christmas

The turkey is in the oven, stuffing is made, carolers are carolling, the wine is open,a fire is crackling in the fireplace...and all the guests I invited to share this Christmas with me are snowbound in their homes! It reminds of the ending scene from A YEAR ION LADYBUG FARM-- art imitates life.   Snow in the mountains in not an unusual occurence, but this much snow this early in the season is definitely out of the ordinary. So when we awoke  this morning to Christmas snowfall in Northeast Georgia-- four inches so far!-- all I could think was.... perfect.

For the first time in fifteen years I get to  spend Christmas sitting by the fire, reading a book, watching the snow fall, counting my blessings.  Everyone I love is safe is healthy.  I am warm and secure.  I've got firewood in the shed, cookies in the cookie jar , and that turkey smells fabulous.  This could well turn out to be the best Christmas ever.

Here's hoping your Christmas is just as perfect!


0 comments:

  © 2008 'Ladybird' by ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP